Information for Contributing Authors
Thank you for joining as a contributing author for the book “Digital Maturity of Hospitals.” This website provides essential guidelines and resources for your contribution.
- Find general info about the book here, including editors, publisher, synopsis
- Additional resources are available at the bottom of this website.
Who are you writing for?
The book is targeted at digital health decision makers and specialists in hospitals, government, tech firms, and academia. It explores the influence of digital maturity on hospitals, with a focus on the hospital sector. Additionally, it examines the broader implications of digital maturity for other sectors of healthcare and society.
What readers are expecting from your article
Your article fulfills readers’ expectations by exploring Digital Maturity in Hospitals, including the level of technological advancement and integration of digital tools and systems. It delves into leveraging technology for enhancing patient care, improving operational efficiency, and driving innovation.
- Learning from the leaders: Practical strategies for successful digital transformation
- Making an impact: Understanding the practical insights and impact of digital maturity on organizations and systems through models, benchmarking, case studies, and assessments.
- Preparing for the future: Acquiring knowledge for digital transformation of hospitals and related healthcare organizations and addressing challenges such as workforce shortages, health equity, climate change, and digital empowerment.
What’s in it for you?
As a contributing author you will help shape the discourse on hospital digitization, improving patient care and outcomes. In addition, you will enjoy several advantages, including:
- Thought Leadership: Showcase your expertise to a global audience, establishing yourself as a thought leader in the digitziation of hospitals.
- Reputation: Publishing with Springer, a renowned scientific publisher, strengthens your credibility in healthcare. Being published in this work increases the likelihood of recognition, citations, and future career advancements.
- Networking: Foster collaborations by connecting with other esteemed experts.
- Ongoing Opportunities: Extend your influence through proactive collaboration beyond the book, such as participating in webinars and speaking engagements.
|Preparing your article (also referred to as a chapter):|
Focus: “Digital Maturity of Hospitals” perspective in your article.
Length: The article should be between 5,000 to 10,000 words.
Layout: One page is approx. 500 words or 2 figures.
Figures: Each figure counts approx. 250 words.
Citation Style: Springer Basic Style (download)
Inviting 2-3 co-authors to contribute to the article is encouraged, as it will help build your network and ease individual workloads.
|Article structure: |
It is important for each article to contain the following sections: Abstract, Keywords, Introduction (highly recommeneded, but not mandatory), Body of article, Conclusions (highly recommeneded, but not mandatory), References.
Besides these sections, the Body of the Article can be customized as you see fit.
Study Article: Standard Scientific Format
Case Study Article: Download suggest format
|Deadlines & details:|
Publication Fee: None
- Table of Contents (preliminary)
- Sample article
- Simplified author guidelines
- Guidelines References and Citations
- Full author guidelines